Learning the process or work of keeping financial accounts.
Studying Accounting will:
- Introduce me to an area of education which I have not studied before;
- Help me to understand my bank statements, bills, credit card statements etc;
- Help me to understand and appreciate news reports and investment information;
- Provide a skill which may be useful for a part time job;
- Help me to become better organized;
- Give me useful knowledge for the future with my own small business; and
- Provide an introduction to studying accounting at University.
Here is the course outline:
This module provides information about how Accounting is organised through the Senior External School.
2. Accounting Administration
Syllabus, timetables etc.
3. Foundation Studies
Introduction to accounting
4. Recording and Controls
5. Reporting and Decision Making
1 - Analysis and interpretation of financial statements 2 - Cash flow statements 3 - Financial reports – classification and presentation Qualitative characteristics of financial information